Quantcast

Tomatoes

1 ... 9101112131415 ... 25

Re: Tomatoes

bunndolf

Ready for spring to arrive up north...
"Despite the forecast, live like it's spring.”
― Lilly Pulitzer

Re: Tomatoes

Chilli
Bunny you have been hiding your wotsit under a bushel - lovely toms
Weed it and reap.

Hampshire.

Re: Tomatoes

Bjay
Lovely Bunny. I think you have caught up
Autumn in Malvern, Worcs
One of the true joys of gardening is intimacy with a specific piece of land
(Patricia Monaghan)

Re: Tomatoes

Beck
Administrator
Bunny, I am suspicious of you!!  You've been moaning for ages how behind you are with everything, but your stuff is more advanced than many on here!!  Excellent Toms!! My one and only tom isn't even pea size yet! Pat yourself on the back!
My growing area info - Norton Canes, Cannock, Staffordshire. :-D

Re: Tomatoes

bunndolf
Hehehehe @ suspicious .theyre in GH . I await to see how tumbling toms do, some in GH some outside , same with cucumbers.

Ready for spring to arrive up north...
"Despite the forecast, live like it's spring.”
― Lilly Pulitzer

Re: Tomatoes

Beck
Administrator
I haven't dared putting one of my cucumbers outside yet. Just too cold and wet.
My growing area info - Norton Canes, Cannock, Staffordshire. :-D

Re: Tomatoes

bunndolf
Mine are by house so sheltered a bit and pots around them.

Ready for spring to arrive up north...
"Despite the forecast, live like it's spring.”
― Lilly Pulitzer

Re: Tomatoes

bunndolf
I have a mini tomato on each basket in full force of weather

Ready for spring to arrive up north...
"Despite the forecast, live like it's spring.”
― Lilly Pulitzer

Re: Tomatoes

bunndolf
Ok so I've only god a few tiny weeny ones , when do I feed ? Shall I wait til more appear?

Ready for spring to arrive up north...
"Despite the forecast, live like it's spring.”
― Lilly Pulitzer

Re: Tomatoes

elfie
Administrator
Use a half strength one now and up the dose as more fruit sets
....in a hacienda,living yer actual Spanish dream.....

Re: Tomatoes

bunndolf
And only do the ones with some babies ?

Ready for spring to arrive up north...
"Despite the forecast, live like it's spring.”
― Lilly Pulitzer

Re: Tomatoes

elfie
Administrator
bunny..... wrote
And only do the ones with some babies ?

Yep - let them set fruit first -then feed
....in a hacienda,living yer actual Spanish dream.....

Re: Tomatoes

bunndolf

Ready for spring to arrive up north...
"Despite the forecast, live like it's spring.”
― Lilly Pulitzer

Re: Tomatoes

figrat2

Ta dah!
Messes about in a walled garden on the southern edge of Dartmoor.

Re: Tomatoes

bunndolf
yeyyyy

Ready for spring to arrive up north...
"Despite the forecast, live like it's spring.”
― Lilly Pulitzer

Re: Tomatoes

Bjay
we'll soon be over run with tomatoes. Can't wait.
Autumn in Malvern, Worcs
One of the true joys of gardening is intimacy with a specific piece of land
(Patricia Monaghan)

Re: Tomatoes

Soggy Sue
Checked my hanging toms earlier on, and yes, I've definitely planted one of the tall ones in it. Don't know how that happened, thought I'd labelled them all correctly! Tried to pull it out, but roots are already too intwined. Will just leave it now and cap it after the first truss and see what happens.
“You can get old, but you don’t have to grow up,”

Re: Tomatoes

elfie
Administrator
Bjay wrote
we'll soon be over run with tomatoes. Can't wait.
Yikes

....in a hacienda,living yer actual Spanish dream.....

Re: Tomatoes

David K
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Tomatoes

FloBear
I won't  The three plants I put in my self-watering pots look very miserable, don't know why.
East Dorset.
Summer ends, and Autumn comes, and he who would have it otherwise would have high tide always and a full moon every night; and thus he would never know the rhythms that are at the heart of life.          Hal Borland
1 ... 9101112131415 ... 25