Quantcast

Tomatoes

1 ... 9101112131415 ... 25

Re: Tomatoes

Bunny-Holiday
Bunny...In the remote land of the Scottish Border.
Ready for spring to arrive up north...
"Despite the forecast, live like it's spring.”
― Lilly Pulitzer

Re: Tomatoes

chilli
Bunny you have been hiding your wotsit under a bushel - lovely toms
Bishopstoke, Hampshire
"A garden is never so good as it will be next year" - Thomas Cooper

Re: Tomatoes

Bjay
Lovely Bunny. I think you have caught up
Springing Malvern, Worcs
A garden is a grand teacher. It teaches patience and careful watchfulness; it teaches industry and thrift; above all, it teaches entire trust.
(Gertrude Jekyll)

Re: Tomatoes

Beck
Administrator
Bunny, I am suspicious of you!!  You've been moaning for ages how behind you are with everything, but your stuff is more advanced than many on here!!  Excellent Toms!! My one and only tom isn't even pea size yet! Pat yourself on the back!
My growing area info - Norton Canes, Cannock, Staffordshire. :-D

Re: Tomatoes

Bunny-Holiday
Hehehehe @ suspicious .theyre in GH . I await to see how tumbling toms do, some in GH some outside , same with cucumbers.
Bunny...In the remote land of the Scottish Border.
Ready for spring to arrive up north...
"Despite the forecast, live like it's spring.”
― Lilly Pulitzer

Re: Tomatoes

Beck
Administrator
I haven't dared putting one of my cucumbers outside yet. Just too cold and wet.
My growing area info - Norton Canes, Cannock, Staffordshire. :-D

"Despite the forecast, live like it's spring.”
― Lilly Pulitzer

Re: Tomatoes

Bunny-Holiday
I have a mini tomato on each basket in full force of weather
Bunny...In the remote land of the Scottish Border.
Ready for spring to arrive up north...
"Despite the forecast, live like it's spring.”
― Lilly Pulitzer

Re: Tomatoes

Bunny-Holiday
Ok so I've only god a few tiny weeny ones , when do I feed ? Shall I wait til more appear?
Bunny...In the remote land of the Scottish Border.
Ready for spring to arrive up north...
"Despite the forecast, live like it's spring.”
― Lilly Pulitzer

Re: Tomatoes

espanol jardinero
Administrator
Use a half strength one now and up the dose as more fruit sets
....in a hacienda,living yer actual Spanish dream.....

Re: Tomatoes

Bunny-Holiday
And only do the ones with some babies ?
Bunny...In the remote land of the Scottish Border.
Ready for spring to arrive up north...
"Despite the forecast, live like it's spring.”
― Lilly Pulitzer

Re: Tomatoes

espanol jardinero
Administrator
bunny..... wrote
And only do the ones with some babies ?

Yep - let them set fruit first -then feed
....in a hacienda,living yer actual Spanish dream.....

"Despite the forecast, live like it's spring.”
― Lilly Pulitzer

Re: Tomatoes

figrat2

Ta dah!
Messes about in a walled garden on the southern edge of Dartmoor.

Re: Tomatoes

Bunny-Holiday
yeyyyy
Bunny...In the remote land of the Scottish Border.
Ready for spring to arrive up north...
"Despite the forecast, live like it's spring.”
― Lilly Pulitzer

Re: Tomatoes

Bjay
we'll soon be over run with tomatoes. Can't wait.
Springing Malvern, Worcs
A garden is a grand teacher. It teaches patience and careful watchfulness; it teaches industry and thrift; above all, it teaches entire trust.
(Gertrude Jekyll)

Re: Tomatoes

SwissSue
Checked my hanging toms earlier on, and yes, I've definitely planted one of the tall ones in it. Don't know how that happened, thought I'd labelled them all correctly! Tried to pull it out, but roots are already too intwined. Will just leave it now and cap it after the first truss and see what happens.
“In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.”
― Margaret Atwood, Bluebeard's Egg

Re: Tomatoes

espanol jardinero
Administrator
Bjay wrote
we'll soon be over run with tomatoes. Can't wait.
Yikes

....in a hacienda,living yer actual Spanish dream.....

Re: Tomatoes

David K
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Tomatoes

FloBear
I won't  The three plants I put in my self-watering pots look very miserable, don't know why.
East Dorset.
We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses. ~ Abraham Lincoln
1 ... 9101112131415 ... 25